Self-care is SO important. If you want to stay healthy, happy and productive, you need to take care of yourself first. Take some time every day to reflect and check in with yourself. Learning how to take a time-out when you need it, eat right, reduce stress and exercise regularly are the cornerstones of self-care. Oh, and spoil yourself a bit too, because you deserve it.
This month, we are going to help you.
Schedule relaxation and recharge time.
We often feel as though we are too busy with our jobs and taking care of our families to make time for ourselves. We let me-time become last on the to-do list, thinking we will get to it tomorrow, or even next week, instead. We feel guilty about taking time to care for ourselves.
Don’t fall into this trap. As the quote above says, “you cannot serve from an empty vessel”. We must fulfill our own needs in order to have the energy to help others.
Take some time to relax and recharge, here are a few ideas:
- Curl up with a great book
- Go for a walk
- Turn off your phone for a whole day
- Schedule a Zoom call with a close friend
- Try to add healthy stress reducing food to your diet. Read our blog post about 10 foods that can help you reduce stress
- Tea is also an amazing de-stressor, with calming properties known to alleviate anxiety, fight depression, and reduce stress.
Practice self-care and stay healthy!